Prohibited goods are goods prohibited from import or export in the State of Qatar under provisions of the Common Customs Law of the GCC States or any other law. While restricted goods are goods that are restricted from import or export under provisions of the Common Customs Law of the GCC States or any other law, and as this kind of goods need prior permission from the competent authorities before import, the importer have to visit these competent government authorities to get the permits necessary for the goods required to be imported.
After you’ve collected your checked baggage, you can exit the airport by passing through Customs. There are two Customs channels to choose from.
Select the Green Channel if you have “Nothing to declare”.
Select the Red Channel if you have “Something to declare”. These include:
- Alcoholic beverages (cannot be imported under any condition)
- Exceeding permitted limits of foreign currency, jewelry and precious stones
- Transporting prohibited and restricted weapons and firearms
- In possession of illicit material
- Carrying more than 400 cigarettes
- In possession of personal items and gifts whose value exceeds QAR 3,000 (USD 825)
Please ask for assistance if you’re not sure which channel to use. If requested by a customs officer, you are expected to disclose any amount of currency, jewelry or precious stones in your possession. Refusing disclosure and providing incorrect or incomplete information is a criminal act and may result in confiscation of the items.
Taxes and duties
You may need to pay taxes or duties on items that you bring into Qatar. Please see this list for more information.